Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Project Shine - A Great Start!

What a week!! It is Project Shine week and we are having a blast right now at Clay’s Park!

A Great Start!

This week started unlike any year at Shine. Honestly, I was a bit conflicted coming Sunday night as our Cleveland Cavs were in game 7 of the Championship. A game in which they were attempting to come back from a 3-1 deficit and overthrow a 52 year winning drought in Cleveland. The stakes were high in the sports world.

Yet the stakes were even higher at Project Shine! And the excitement began building in my heart for this week! Our theme this world is Humbled, United, Love out of Philippians 2:1-16. As we gathered at Goss church Sunday night, I resigned myself to following up with the game through our many media outlets later and began to think of the eternal significance of this week’s events. Live’s are going to be changed, souls are going to be saved and God is going to be glorified this week at Shine! (Matthew 5:16).

Although a championship would be awesome and would bring an impact on our region, this week at Shine is about impacting souls for eternity. As Josh Miller began to unpack the message from Philippians my soul was set at ease, as it was confirmed that I was in the right spot. Better to be in the house of the Lord, praising our Savior with a bunch of teenagers and hearing from the Word than anywhere else!

It is always a sweet moment when you realize God is reprioritizing things in your heart. I was being selfish and wanting my own way, but learning to humble myself, trust God and serve Him proved to be the best. Not too long after I reoriented my thinking, Pastor Kevin got up and said, “after some awesome worship and lesson time, Project Shine will be ‘All In’!” Yep, we watched the game at Project Shine.

The worship time was amazing. The lesson was challenging and transforming. It was a great kick off to our week and talked about the importance of being united, having the same mind and not conforming to the pattern of this world. It was eternal truth and the Shine crew were soaking it in.

After our worship time, we headed to the youth room and turned the Cavs game on in the 2nd quarter. God is so good! As I decided to honor God with my choices and my attitude, He showed up in worship and granted me the opportunity to watch the game. Not only that, but it was so amazing watching the game with the Shine crew!! I will never forget the energy in that room!

Being able to witness the Cavs win was awesome! Being with the Shine crew was awesome! Realizing that we are going to party in Heaven in a way that will be so much greater and more awesome than any championship, even the first one after 52 years! 


First Two Days!

It has been a hot and sunny couple of days at Project Shine. Veda, Josey, Tommy, Andrew, Spencer, Jeremy, Devin and I are representing Lakeside. We have all been put on different crews painting houses, decks and landscaping. I am proud of our crew as they put forth a lot of hard work! Keep it up!



Parents you would be so proud to see your child working hard, climbing ladders and learning how to be a part of the crew! We are making new friends and having a blast.


Day Off!

After two long days in the heat, Project Shine shuts down for a day and goes to Clay’s Park to cool off and get refreshed! It was a beautiful day!



Thanks for your prayers as we try to wrap up our projects by Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment